Saturday, March 3, 2012

Vintage desk revamp

 Today was such a beautiful day that I just wanted to be outside.  So I went into the garage and pulled out the little vintage desk that I picked up yesterday and started working on it.  It took a lot of elbow grease to get it cleaned and sanded well enough to paint, but I got it done.  I took the desk apart to make it easier to clean and paint.  Here it is BEFORE:


And the back...apparently this desk has been 3 different colors in the past.


This is a picture of the underside.  Just look at all of the gum!


I took the top off and started sanding and cleaning it up.


Next I started spray painting with Rustoleum Candy Pink spray paint.  I really like this brand better than Krylon.  It hardly drips at all.


I painted the desktop with chalkboard paint (top and underside).


This project only took a couple of hours, and it turned out so cute!





Let me leave you with some fabulous finds from a visit to an estate sale today ~ my house is filling up!





This holds 4 crystal ashtrays.  I guess it was used back when smoking was fashionable so they could hand an ashtray to each person that smoked.  It was so pretty that I couldn't pass it up!


Beautiful vintage linens with hand-crocheted trim.


I just love these little metal jewelry boxes.


And I am a total sucker for vanity mirrors!

Thanks for visiting!  I will post my next project soon :)

Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment