Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Spur-of-the-Moment Armoire Redo

I woke up this morning excited to finish painting the wooden frame that I picked up this weekend at a garage sale.  The paint that I got from the mis-tint bin at Home Depot was just the perfect color of blue.  I couldn't wait to get the frame completed.  However, as I was finishing up, it hit me...This is the PERFECT color for my armoire that separates my study from formal dining/home school area.  Check out these pix :)



I forgot to take a picture before I started painting, but here is a quick snap of the side.  The markings are where I marked my oldest daughter's growth.  We have had this armoire since we got married. Since we rented for the first few years after having Brittany, I kept her growth marks on this piece. That way it stayed with us no matter what :)



This is my favorite part...the rhinestone vintage-y looking knobs. $3.50 each at Hobby Lobby after discount (originally $7.00 each). I need to buy 2 more for the bottom doors that I didn't think were salvagable, but thanks to gorilla glue ~ I saved them! 




How about that for a spur-of-the-moment project!

No comments:

Post a Comment