Monday, April 2, 2012

End Table Redo

I still miss my Nellie P, but as I was told ~ HOPE stands for Hold On Pain Ends.  The pain is subsiding and now all that is left is a hole.  We haven't cried today, which is a blessing.  So being able to function today, I finished up one of my projects, an end table that I bought at an estate sale for $6.50.  Painting outside while it was sunny and quiet was very therapeutic.

Here is the end table BEFORE:


and AFTER:



The carvings on the doors are beautiful, don't you think?


and just look at those knockers!  I thought of my husband saying that and just cracked myself up!



I painted it a pretty turquoise blue from the mistint shelves at Lowe's, then distressed the edges with sandpaper and applied some walnut stain that I had left over from another project.



And there you go...I LOVE it!

I also threw this together today.  I bought a yucky candlestick holder for $1.00 at a different estate sale (forgot to take a before picture).  I painted it white and used my crop-a-dile hole punch to punch holes so that I could add chandy crystals.  After it was assembled, I glued a vintage Haviland plate on top using E6000 glue.  Wah-lah!  Pretty, vintage, shabby chic pillar candle holder :)


Well, I think I kept myself busy enough today.  So I will sign off and leave a really cute picture of my Nellie P at the beach last summer.  She loved to go for rides and LOVED the beach!


She's enjoying the surf and sun in heaven now.  Miss you baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment