Saturday, April 7, 2012

Trash to Treasure ~ Another Curbside Find

It never ceases to amaze me the things that people throw in the trash.  I rescued this little big beauty last week just before the garbage truck came.  Of course I don't have a before picture.  I seem to get so excited that I start sanding and painting immediately and forget about the camera all together.  It was originally black and pretty rusty, but a little lot of sanding and some lime green spray paint turned it into this gem!




I absolutely LOVE the color!  I have totally started refinishing/replacing all of the furniture in our new down-sized home. 



Here's a little Spring eye candy.  My grandmother was a ceramic artist and she made two turtle planters, a girl and a boy.  When she passed away, I brought them home with me.  I LOVE these little guys!  They remind me of sitting on her front porch, listening to the locusts buzz and drinking sun tea.




Aren't they adorably unique?!

No comments:

Post a Comment