Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New Mimi and More Refurbs

I am going to be a grandmother!  My "tiny baby" is going to have a tiny baby of her own.  Although circumstances are not ideal, we couldn't be more blessed.  I am happy that she will be staying with us and letting us help.  We will get to see this little life progress every day while she is pregnant, and then be a part of her/his life after she/he gets here.  God is definitely good!  The doctor is doing an ultrasound on Friday to make sure everything is good.  Then at 11 weeks, she gets another ultrasound ~ a 3-D ultrasound, and we may even find out if she is having a girl or a boy!

On that happy note, here are some more projects that I finished over the past couple of days and a couple of old projects that I want to share.  We have been incredibly blessed to be so busy!

This little barrel is an old storage drum from a garage that I cleaned up and added a seat to.  So now it is a stool with storage :)




This night stand was salvaged from a broken dressing table.  I just love the long legs!


I painted the inside of the drawers as well, because they were quite yucky.


This is a chamber pot stand that I picked up in Round Top during our last trip.  The details on this piece are amazing!  I love, love, love the hinges!


I also painted up a vintage canister set this week.  I used Pure White Annie Sloan chalk paint and added a little hand-painted chalkboard accent on front.  They were missing the knobs on top, so I bought these little crystal beauties at Hobby Lobby to make them look a little more shabby chic.  I think they turned out pretty cute!



Well, I am off to paint some more.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment