Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A New Project

I have now become a "dumpster diver."  Well, not necessarily diving, but my husband did pick up a really cute bookshelf off the curb last night.  I immediately knew that it could be fixed up and didn't deserve to be tossed away to end up lonely in a land fill ~ LOL!  Here is a picture of it before I disassembled it.

It is one of those dollhouse bookshelves from Target that originally cost $79.99.  Yay for Mister David; it was free for me!  With a little creativity, it is going to be even cuter than when it was new!  Of course, I couldn't wait to get started...so here are some pictures of what I have done so far:


The house has gone from pink and white to celery green, black and white.  I washed everything down to remove dirt and dust, then started spray painting (I used Krylon brand.)  When the attic back wall dried, I stamped a chandelier on it with black acrylic paint.  I got the stamp at Hobby Lobby for $0.99.


After I stamped the chandelier, I decided it needed a little sparkle.  I used E6000 glue to adhere the jewels to the board, and the coolest thing happened - the mirrored back of the jewel crackled and sparkles even more than it did before!


Will post the finished project tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment